Edmonton Elks (2-10) vs. Toronto Argonauts (9-4)
Tuesday, November 16th at 4:30 pm PST at BMO Field
The Edmonton Elks will travel to Toronto in Week 16 for a tough matchup against the Argonauts, who have officially locked up first place in the East Division along with home-field advantage in the Eastern Conference Final. However, this game may be more winnable for Edmonton than a first glance at the schedule may indicate, as the Argos will be resting several of their key starting players in preparation for the playoffs.
Players the Argos plan to rest include (K) Boris Bede, (WR) Ricky Collins, (WR) DaVaris Daniels, (WR) Kurleigh Gittens Jr, (WR) Eric Rogers, (WR) Chandler Worthy, (RB) D.J. Foster, (LB) Henoc Muamba, and (DE) Charleston Hughes. After their matchup with the Elks, Toronto will have roughly three weeks off before their first playoff game on December 5th, meaning the bye starts now for many of their players.
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, currently sitting at last place in the West Division, the Elks playoff hopes are long gone at this point. The team will likely use their remaining two games, both of which will take place in Week 16, to try and break what is currently an eight-game losing streak while also evaluating their roster to see what they have to build on for next season. However, with only two days off between each of their final three games, it will be interesting to see how they approach this week.
- Greg Ellingson – WR – Hip – OUT
- Mike Moore – DL – Foot – OUT
- Boris Bede – K – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Dariusz Bladek – OL – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Ricky Collins – WR – Knee – Out
- DaVaris Daniels – WR – Quad – Out
- Treston Decoud – DB – Head – Out
- Fabioon Foote – DL – Knee – Out
- D.J. Foster – RB – Foot – Out
- Kurleigh Gittens Jr. – WR – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Charleston Hughes – DL – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Cordarro Law – DL – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Henoc Muamba – LB – Healthy Scratch – Out
- Tommy Nield – WR – Hamstring – Out
- Shawn Oakman – DL – Chest – Out
- Jamal Peters – DB – Knee – Out
- Asnnel Robo – FB – Head – Out
- Trevon Tate – OL – Arm – Out
- Chandler Worthy – WR – Healthy Scratch – Out