As the intensity ramps up in the run-up to the 110th Grey Cup, Week 14 presents key opportunities for Winnipeg and Toronto to clinch their respective playoff spots. Here’s the rundown on what you can expect from this weekend’s matchups and the overarching playoff picture.
The Playoff Equation: West vs East
- A win for Winnipeg this week ensures their spot in the postseason.
- Toronto can cement their place in the playoffs with a victory.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers:
- This could mark their seventh consecutive playoff appearance.
- Last year, they clinched as early as Week 13.
- They aim for a third consecutive postseason appearance.
- In 2022, they secured their place in Week 16.
Crossover Rule Demystified
In the event the fourth-placed team in one division (denoted as A4) accumulates more points than the third-placed team in the other division (notated as B3)—without a tie—A4 will “cross over” to take B3’s seeding. Consequently, A4 will face off against the second-placed team in that other division (B2) during the divisional semi-finals.
Week 14 Matchup Schedule
- Friday, September 8, 7:30 p.m. ET: Hamilton vs. Ottawa
- Saturday, September 9, 1:00 p.m. ET: Montreal vs. Toronto
- Saturday, September 9, 4:00 p.m. ET: Saskatchewan vs. Winnipeg
- Saturday, September 9, 7:00 p.m. ET: Calgary vs. Edmonton
This is a pivotal week in the CFL, especially for Winnipeg and Toronto, as their playoff futures could be decided. With a rich history of post-season appearances and the potential for crossover drama, the 110th Grey Cup playoffs are shaping up to be a spectacle you won’t want to miss.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App