In Week 2 of the Canadian Football League (CFL), stellar performances were on display as Zach Collaros of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Julian Howsare of the Calgary Stampeders led the pack. These players, along with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ offensive line, earned spots on the CFL Honour Roll, powered by Pro Football Focus (PFF).
PFF employs a rigorous game footage review process to provide insights into every play on the field. With a specialized team, PFF evaluates each game, player, and play to generate over 200 unique data points, culminating in Player Grades. These grades, on a scale up to 100, offer a numerical depiction of a player’s performance in their respective position. To learn more about PFF and Player Grades, visit pff.com/grades.
The CFL Honour Roll celebrates the highest individual Player Grades in offense and defense each week, in addition to acknowledging the top-graded offensive line. The All-Week team also gives honorable mentions to the best individual performers across nine position groups.
CFL Honour Roll – Week 2: Offense
Zach Collaros (QB, Winnipeg Blue Bombers) – WPG 45, SSK 27
PFF Player Grade: 90.8
- Completed 23 of 31 passes (74.2%) for 293 yards and two touchdowns.
- Added 17 yards and a touchdown on three carries.
- Boasted an efficiency rating of 127.5.
Collaros was electric, commanding the Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ offense with precision and poise. His dual-threat capability was evident as he efficiently distributed the ball and made plays with his legs.
CFL Honour Roll – Week 2: Defense
Julian Howsare (DL, Calgary Stampeders) – CGY 26, OTT 15
PFF Player Grade: 90.6
- Recorded one defensive tackle and one tackle for a loss.
Howsare was a disruptive force on the defensive line for the Calgary Stampeders. His ability to penetrate the offensive line and make plays in the backfield was crucial in Calgary’s victory over Ottawa.
CFL Honour Roll – Week 2: Offensive Line
Winnipeg Blue Bombers – WPG 45, SSK 27
PFF Player Grade: 82.9
- Top 3 Performers:
- Chris Kolankowski (71.7)
- Jermarcus Hardrick (69.0)
- Geoff Gray (63.5)
The Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ offensive line was dominant, providing Zach Collaros with ample time in the pocket and paving the way for the rushing attack.
CFL Honour Roll: All-Week 2 Team
- QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers | 90.8
- RB | AJ Ouellette | Toronto Argonauts | 73.8
- REC | Damonte Coxie | Toronto Argonauts | 79.9
- OL | Sukh Chungh | BC Lions | 74.0
- DL | Julian Howsare | Calgary Stampeders | 90.6
- LB | Titus Wall | Calgary Stampeders | 85.0
- DB | Tre Roberson | Calgary Stampeders | 78.3
- K/P | Sean Whyte | BC Lions | 78.4
- ST | Elliot Graham | Calgary Stampeders | 91.8
Top Offensive and Defensive Performances of 2023
- 90.8 | Week 2 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 90.6 | Week 2 | DL | Julian Howsare | Calgary Stampeders
- 85.7 | Week 1 | DB | Ciante Evans | Montreal Alouettes
- 85.0 | Week 2 | LB | Titus Wall | Calgary Stampeders
- 84.5 | Week 1 | OL | Jermarcus Hardrick | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
These standout performances in Week 2 of the CFL season showcase the talent and competitive nature of the league. With players like Collaros and Howsare delivering high-caliber performances, fans can look forward to an exciting season ahead.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App