In a sensational game filled with lead changes and an unexpected end, the BC Lions pulled off a miraculous comeback against the Ottawa REDBLACKS with a final score of 41-37. Despite trailing by 19 points during the third quarter, the Lions displayed a herculean effort in the final quarter, leaving the REDBLACKS and CFL scores aficionados astonished. With this win, the Lions improved their CFL standings, edging closer to the pinnacle of the table.
Ottawa REDBLACKS Breakdown
- Passing: Dustin Crum led the offense with 19 completions in 30 attempts, racking up 233 yards. However, his game had a blemish with an interception and no touchdowns through the air.
- Rushing: Dustin Crum showcased his rushing skills with 46 yards and three touchdowns, while Devonte Williams contributed a decent 66 yards.
- Receiving: Justin Hardy was the standout receiver, pulling in 8 receptions for a remarkable 114 yards, but was unable to secure a touchdown.
- The defense had a notable performance with Douglas Coleman III making an interception and securing 4 tackles. Jovan Santos-Knox led in defensive tackles with six, followed closely by several teammates.
Despite a commendable defensive play, the REDBLACKS could not hold off the fierce comeback from the Lions, leaving them at a disappointing 3-10 for the season.
BC Lions Breakdown
- Passing: Vernon Adams Jr. had a roller-coaster game with 325 passing yards and three touchdowns, paired with three interceptions.
- Rushing: Adams Jr. also demonstrated agility on the ground with 45 rushing yards. However, it was Dominique Davis who scored a rushing touchdown with just a 1-yard carry.
- Receiving: Justin McInnis emerged as the hero with 8 receptions for 118 yards, recording two critical touchdowns, including the one in the dying moments of the game.
- Ben Hladik ruled the defensive side with a dominating 9 tackles and a sack. The secondary was spearheaded by T.J Lee with 6 tackles, helping to maintain pressure throughout the game.
An inspiring defensive play in the last quarter was critical in setting the stage for the incredible comeback witnessed at the BC Place.
The BC Lions orchestrated one of the most dramatic turnarounds, proving their mettle with a resolute performance in the final quarter. Despite a resilient fight, the Ottawa REDBLACKS fell short, surrendering to the persistent onslaught of the Lions. The exciting duel not only intensified the race in the CFL standings but also offered a memorable spectacle for all CFL scores enthusiasts.
With the REDBLACKS looking to recuperate against the Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Lions gearing up to face the Edmonton Elks, the ensuing week promises to unfold more thrilling CFL action. Stay tuned as we continue to bring you the latest and most detailed CFL game recaps.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App