Canadian Football League (CFL) action is heating up in Week 2, with teams looking to solidify their positions in the early-season standings. Today, we’ll focus on a highly anticipated clash in the West Division between the Edmonton Elks and the BC Lions.
For those wondering, “What football games are on today?” there is 1 CFL game on the agenda for Saturday, June 17th.
CFL Football Game Today Saturday, June 17th
- Location: BC Place, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Game Date: Saturday, June 17, 2023
- Time: 7 p.m. ET
- Streaming/Channel: TSN, CBS Sports Network (U.S.), and CFL + (International)
- Spread: Edmonton +7 (-107), BC -7 (-113)
- Moneyline: Edmonton +255, BC -305
- Over/Under: 46 (Over -112, Under -108)
Edmonton Elks at BC Lions
Key Players to Watch:
- Vernon Adams Jr. (QB): Coming off a 300-yard passing performance, his ability to exploit Edmonton’s secondary will be critical.
- Dominique Rhymes (WR): A key target for Adams Jr., Rhymes had 109 yards and two touchdowns in Week 1.
- T.J. Lee and Garry Peters (Defensive Backs): Will have to keep a close eye on Elks’ top receiver Eugene Lewis.
- Taylor Cornelius (QB): Needs to make quick decisions to avoid the BC Lions’ pass rush and find his favorite target, Eugene Lewis.
- Eugene Lewis (WR): He is the main target in the passing game and must step up to provide big plays.
- Jake Ceresna and A.C. Leonard (Defensive Line): These players need to pressure BC’s quarterback and contain the running game.
The BC Lions are favored by 7 points, with an over/under of 46. The Lions have the home-field advantage and are coming off a strong offensive performance in Week 1.
Considering the performance of both teams in Week 1 and the home advantage for BC Lions, taking BC to cover the spread might be a good bet. Also, considering the offensive firepower of BC and Edmonton’s need to catch up, betting the over could also be worth considering.
The BC Lions will be looking to continue their strong start to the season, while the Edmonton Elks are in search of their first victory. The game is likely to be competitive, and a crucial one for both teams early in the season. Expect the Lions to use their home advantage and offensive momentum to challenge the Elks’ defense, while the Elks will be aiming to get their offense in sync to secure a win.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App