As the Canadian Football League (CFL) swings into its second week, fans are eagerly awaiting the clash between two undefeated teams – Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders. This matchup promises to be a captivating contest with both teams bringing in powerful performances from Week 1.
For those wondering, “What CFL games are on today?” there is one CFL game on the agenda for Friday, June 16.
CFL Game Today, Friday, June 16:
- Location: Mosaic Stadium, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Game Date: Friday, June 16
- Time: 9:00 p.m. ET
- Streaming/Channel: TSN, CBS Sports (U.S.), and CFL+ (International)
- Odds: Winnipeg -6.5 (-110), Saskatchewan +6.5 (-110), Over/Under 46.5
Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Saskatchewan Roughriders Breakdown:
Both Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Saskatchewan Roughriders had a flying start in Week 1, with Winnipeg defeating Hamilton Tiger-Cats 42-31 and Saskatchewan edging past Edmonton Elks 17-13.
Key Players to Watch:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers:
- Zach Collaros (QB): Coming off a 354-yard passing game, Collaros is the offensive force for the Bombers. Watch out for his decision-making against a staunch Riders’ defense.
- Brady Oliveira (RB): Oliveira was a wrecking ball in Week 1 with 113 yards on 22 carries. The Riders will have to keep him in check.
- Willie Jefferson (DL): A dominant presence on the defensive line, Jefferson recorded two sacks, a forced fumble, and three tackles in Week 1.
- Trevor Harris/Mason Fine (QB): With Harris being a game-time decision due to a hip injury, Mason Fine might be the one to step up. Whoever starts, will need to improve from the Week 1 performance.
- Jamal Morrow (RB): Morrow will be looking to exploit any weaknesses in the Bombers’ run defense after finishing Week 1 with 80 yards on the ground.
- Rolan Milligan (DB): After showing a strong performance against the Elks, Milligan’s presence in the secondary is key to stopping the Bombers’ passing attack.
With Winnipeg’s offense looking stronger, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the Roughriders’ quarterback position, the Bombers might just cover the spread at -6.5. However, considering the Roughriders’ strong defense, the Under 46.5 might also be a good bet. The Roughriders will need a concerted effort from their defense to keep this game close.
Take Winnipeg to cover the -6.5 spread, but also consider placing a bet on the Under 46.5. The Roughriders defense is strong and might be able to hold the Bombers’ scoring, but Winnipeg’s overall strength could lead them to victory.
Don’t miss this enthralling contest as both teams vie to take the driver’s seat in the West Division. Tune in to TSN, CBS Sports, or CFL+ at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, June 16.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App