The son of NFL Hall of Famer, Cris Carter, has returned to the CFL. Duron Carter, who last played for the BC Lions in 2019, will bring to the Elks six years of CFL experience as both a wide receiver and defensive back. With the Chris Jones defence, Carter will be slotted in on the defensive side of the ball. Jones, when coach of Saskatchewan, converted Carter to a defensive back in 2017 & 2018 where both his interceptions led to touchdowns. Carter hasn’t played football since 2019.
More Key Signings and Re-Signings
- Ante Milanovic-Litre – RB – NATIONAL – The former Calgary Stampeder 2018 Grey Cup Champion has spent his entire four year career with the enemy to the south. He brings to the Green & Gold Canadian depth on special teams and at the running back position.
- Nyles Morgan – LB – AMERICAN – The 2021 rookie from Notre Dame was a bright beacon of hope for the Elks defence. He led the team last season with 66 defensive tackles.
- Stefan Charles – DL – NATIONAL – He played nine games with Ottawa in 2021. Charles brings some additional Canadian talent to the defensive line and special teams.
- Trey Hoskins – DB – AMERICAN – Weber State University product looks to challenge for a back-up role on the Elks defence.
- Michael Walker – WR – AMERICAN – Can Walker bring some sizzle to the Elks defunct return game? Walker previously played with the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2019.
- Quart’e Sapp – LB – AMERICAN – Check out Sapp’s draft assessment by SI to learn more about this Tennessee product.
Released from the Herd
- Dakota Prukop– QB – AMERICAN – Eight games played with the Elks in 2021. He threw for 183 yards, one TD, and one INT. Now the Elks QB depth chart is down to five.
- Darius Williams – DB – AMERICAN – As a rookie in 2021, Williams made 30 tackles on defence and six on special teams. Duron Carter easily improves the team in this spot.
- Bruce Anderson – RB – AMERICAN – In the final game of 2021, Anderson gave fans some hope with six punt returns for 144 yards.
- Marcus Lewis – DB – AMERICAN – Signed on February 2nd by the Elks. He was then released nine days later. Go figure.
Green & Gold Doubleheader, October 15th, 2022
As announced today, the Edmonton Elks and the University of Alberta Golden Bears have teamed up to give fans a double-dose of Saturday fall football. The Golden Bears will kick off the day with a CIS match-up at 12 NOON. After the game, the Elks will take on the Toronto Argonauts at 5 PM. This is the first time in history a CIS and CFL doubleheader has been held at Commonwealth Stadium. Just saying, that’s a tonne of beer and tailgating looking to happen on that day!
CFL News Hub Channel Trailer – Your News Source For The Canadian Football League
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App