108TH GREY CUP PLAYOFF SCENARIOS – WEEK 14
Alouettes and Tiger-Cats on the hunt for postseason berths
Tuesday, November 2, 2021 — TORONTO (November 2, 2021) – Below are the 108th Grey Cup playoff scenario for Week 14:
- No team can clinch a playoff spot this week
- Montreal WIN or BC LOSS = Montreal clinches a playoff spot
- Hamilton WIN or TIE = Hamilton clinches a playoff spot
- Winnipeg secured a playoff spot for the fifth consecutive season in Week 11 and secured first place in the West Division in Week 12. IG Field will host the Western Final on December 5th.
- Toronto clinched a playoff spot for the first time since 2017 in Week 13.
- Saskatchewan clinched a playoff spot for the fourth straight season in Week 13.
- Ottawa is the only team that has been eliminated from playoff contention.
- Edmonton must win this week to maintain its chances of qualifying for the playoffs. Even if the Elks win the remainder of their games, they will still need to be part of a multi-team tie scenario to qualify for the postseason.
- BC victories in Weeks 14 (in Hamilton) and 15 (against Calgary) would move the Lions into third place, setting up a pivotal matchup in the final week with Edmonton visiting BC Place.
- A Hamilton victory over BC this week would eliminate the possibility of a crossover.
- Even if they emerge victorious this week, Saskatchewan and Toronto cannot clinch home playoff dates.
If the fourth-place team in division A – A4 – has more points than the third-place team in division B – B3 (they cannot be tied), A4 will cross over and take the place of B3 in terms of playoff seeding. A4 will then compete against B2 in the division B semi-final.
WEEK 14 GAMES:
- Friday, November 5, 7 p.m. ET – BC at Hamilton
- Friday, November 5, 9:45 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan at Edmonton
- Saturday, November 6, 4 p.m. ET – Toronto at Ottawa
- Saturday, November 6, 7 p.m. ET – Montreal at Winnipeg
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App