109TH GREY CUP PLAYOFF SCENARIOS – WEEK 18
Winnipeg aiming to host Western Final on November 13; Montreal targeting home playoff date
TORONTO (October 3, 2022) – Week 18 playoff scenarios for the 109th Grey Cup on November 20 from Mosaic Stadium in Saskatchewan:
- Winnipeg WIN AND BC LOSS = Winnipeg clinches first place in the West Division and will host the Western Final on November 13 at IG Field.
- Edmonton LOSS OR Saskatchewan WIN = Edmonton is eliminated from playoff contention.
- Montreal Win = Montreal clinches a home playoff date.
- Ottawa LOSS AND Saskatchewan WIN = Ottawa is eliminated from playoff contention.
- Winnipeg secured a postseason berth for the sixth consecutive season in Week 13. They booked a home playoff game in Week 17.
- Toronto clinched a home playoff date for the second-straight season in Week 16.
- Calgary secured a playoff appearance for a club-record 17th straight season in Week 16. The streak is tied for fourth-longest in CFL history.
- BC clinched its first playoff berth since 2018 in Week 16.
If the fourth-place team in division A – A4 – has more points than the third-place team in division B – B3 (they cannot be tied), A4 will cross over and take the place of B3 in terms of playoff seeding. A4 will then compete against B2 in the division B semi-final.
WEEK 18 SCHEDULE
- Friday, October 7 at 7:30 p.m. ET – Saskatchewan at Hamilton
- Saturday, October 8 at 4 p.m. ET – BC at Toronto
- Saturday, October 8 at 7 p.m. ET – Edmonton at Winnipeg
- Monday, October 10 at 1 p.m. ET – Ottawa at Montreal
CFL News Hub Channel Trailer – Your News Source For The Canadian Football League
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App