Health-focused #GreyCupReady program will send two lucky winners to Grey Cup
The Canadian Football League (CFL) and London Drugs are partnering to take their commitments to community health and wellness to the next level. Through their new unique program – #GreyCupReady – the league and its new Official Retail Pharmacy Partner are stepping up to further their support of Canadians.
“Many of our valued customers are passionate fans of the CFL, and this partnership not only solidifies our commitment to them but also underscores our dedication to building healthier and stronger communities across Canada,” says Clint Mahlman, president and COO of London Drugs. “We can’t wait to see the incredible impact that these programs will have in fostering well-being and championing healthier and happier lives for all Canadians.”
#GreyCupReady is a health-focused digital program that has been created to engage all Canadians, while promoting mindfulness, exercise, nutrition, proper sleeping habits, and much more. Five dedicated program ambassadors will share their personal habits and the keys to their healthy lifestyles, before encouraging fans to do the same. Fans will then be invited to vote for their favourite routine, with two lucky participants being selected to each win a trip for two to the 110th Grey Cup at Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton on Sunday, November 19.
“The importance of healthy living, wellness and active lifestyles can’t be overstated,” said Tyler Mazereeuw, Chief Commercial Officer of the CFL. “Healthier fans and Canadians make for stronger communities and a better Canada. Let’s all go out to play, exercise, compete and win, and let’s do it together!”
Fans can stay tuned to the #GreyCupReady program across the CFL’s social media channels throughout the campaign, and they will be able to vote for their ambassador’s favourite routine until November 12 at https://www.cfl.ca/get-greycupready/.
#GREYCUPREADY PROGRAM AMBASSADORS
- Donnovan Bennett – Veteran sports journalist, former Western University Mustang running back, and host of the CFL’s The Waggle podcast and the league’s Diversity is Strength Conversations series.
- Ashley Callingbull – In-game host for the Edmonton Elks, the first Canadian and Indigenous woman to be crowned Mrs. Universe, and a guest panelist on the CFL’s Diversity is Strength Conversations series.
- Shavonne Flegel – An avid Roughriders fan and the mind behind the Once Upon A Bungalow DIY channel.
- Mal Schmitz – A passionate blogger based in Regina who shares her message of wellness and inspiration garnered from her experiences as a mother and as a high school psychology teacher.
- Natalie Sexton – Fashion, lifestyle and fitness expert based in Hamilton, and the gameday host for her hometown Tiger-Cats and this year’s Grey Cup.
ABOUT LONDON DRUGS
Founded in 1945, B.C.-based London Drugs sells to every province and territory in Canada through its online store, www.londondrugs.com and has 80 London Drugs locations throughout BC in more than 35 major markets throughout British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. London Drugs offers customers a range of products from personal protection equipment for pandemic safety to digital cameras and cosmetics to computers and televisions. Renowned for its creative approach to retailing, the company employs more than 9,000 people with pharmacy and healthcare services at the heart of its business. Committed to innovation and superior customer service, London Drugs has established itself as a reputable and caring Canadian company that supports Canadian brands and continues to position itself for future growth and development.
ABOUT THE CANADIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Built on a foundation of more than 110 years of football tradition and history, the Canadian Football League features nine teams, millions of fans and a commitment to service to the community, as well as, elite sport. To stay up to date with CFL news, visit CFL.ca.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App