West Division Dynamics:
A victory for the Saskatchewan Roughriders solidifies their hold on third place in the West Division. This means they’re set for an away game in BC or Winnipeg for the West Semi-Final, come Saturday, November 4, 6:30 p.m. ET. On the other hand, if BC Lions falter, it paves the way for Winnipeg to seize the West Division crown. They’d then host the Western Final at IG Field on Saturday, November 11, at 6:30 p.m. ET, while BC Lions, settling for the second place, will welcome teams for the Western Semi-final at BC Place.
East Division Equations:
For the East, if Montreal Alouettes triumph or the Hamilton Tiger-Cats face defeat, the former gets the privilege to host the Eastern Semi-final. This pivotal match would be played at the Percival Molson Memorial Stadium on Saturday, November 4 at 3 p.m. ET.
Other Key Notes:
- Should Calgary Stampeders emerge victorious in this week’s clash, they’ll level with Saskatchewan, both having 11 losses apiece.
Snapshot of Playoff Landscape:
- Toronto Argonauts proudly clinched the East Division title, marking their third consecutive triumph in Week 15.
- Winnipeg Blue Bombers, in Week 14, marked their playoff position, celebrating seven straight years of playoff contention.
- BC Lions reaffirmed their postseason spot in Week 16, making it two years in a row.
- Montreal Alouettes secured their playoff ticket for the fourth consecutive year during Week 17.
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats joined the playoff brigade for the fifth consecutive season in Week 17.
Understanding the Crossover Rule:
When Division A’s fourth-place team has amassed more points than Division B’s third place (excluding ties), a crossover ensues. This means that the fourth-place team from Division A replaces Division B’s third place in the playoff seedings. The former then faces off against Division B’s second-place team in the divisional semi-final.
Week 19 Match-Ups:
- October 13, 7 p.m. ET: BC Lions vs Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- October 13, 9:30 p.m. ET: Saskatchewan Roughriders vs Calgary Stampeders
- October 14, 4 p.m. ET: Montreal Alouettes vs Edmonton Elks
- October 14, 7 p.m. ET: Ottawa Redblacks vs Toronto Argonauts
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App