Stuttgart Surge Find New General Manager
The Stuttgart Surge have made a change at the General Manager position. Successful entrepreneur Suni Musa will take over as the team’s GM for the 2022 season.
Musa is looking forward to his role as GM and recently addressed the media regarding his new position, stating,
“I am looking forward to the challenges of running a business in the professional sports sector. My goals are to shape the startup into a healthy and economically strong company and to lead it into a successful future in sports.”
Stuttgart’s previous GM, Timo Franke, will remain with the franchise but is expected to move into a role focusing more on the team’s sales, marketing, and sponsors.
- Leipzig Kings – TE – Anton Doroshey
- Leipzig Kings – OL Tilman Brütsch
- Leipzig Kings – DB – Paul Meissner
- Leipzig Kings – LB – Jonas Schultes
- Leipzig Kings – DB – Jonathan Dietze
- Hamburg Sea Devils – LB – Daniel Laporte
- Hamburg Sea Devils – DT – Hiswill Awuah
- Hamburg Sea Devils – DL – Nelson Imasuen
- Barcelona Dragons – DB – Lucas Masero
- Barcelona Dragons – OL – José Ariza
- Barcelona Dragons – OL – Celestin Ngimbi
- Swarco Raiders Tirol – DB/WR/RB – Davion Washington
- Swarco Raiders Tirol – WR – Philipp Haun
- Stuttgart Surge – WR – Paul Steigerwald
- Stuttgart Surge – DL – Sercan Vardar
- Stuttgart Surge – LB – Maleka Japhet Mbala
- Vienna Vikings – WR – Raoul Hrouda
- Düsseldorf Rhein Fire – WR – Harlan Kwofie
- Cologne Centurions – RB – Toby Nick
- Berlin Thunder – DB – Phillip Ruffin
The Stuttgart Surge are bringing back their star wide receiver Paul Steigerwald for the 2022 season.
Steigerwald led Stuttgart in receiving in 2021, ending the year with 30 receptions for 413 yards and 3 touchdowns. While the Surge may not have ended 2021 how they would’ve liked, Steigerwald is excited to get back out on the field, stating,
“My goal for the 2022 season is to show the fans good football and that we can compete in a our division and that we can compete in this league!”
The Swarco Raiders have re-signed their versatile 2-way player, Davion Washington, for the team’s first season in the European League of Football.
Washington originally joined the Swarco Raider in 2021 as a defensive back, but he’d also take snaps as a wide receiver, running back, and kick/punt returner due to late-season injuries and played a significant role in the Raiders championship victory.
Washington addressed the media regarding his return to the Raiders, stating,
“I’m excited to play alongside my brothers again this season. I think that we will get new challenges in the European League of Football and will be pushed to new heights.”