- 27 players honored as the best in the CFL for the 60th annual All-Star team.
- Toronto Argonauts dominate with eight players selected.
- Fan Favourite Player award goes to Winnipeg’s Brady Oliveira.
In an exhibition of outstanding talent and sportsmanship, twenty-seven elite athletes have been named to the prestigious 60th annual Canadian Football League (CFL) All-Star team, a testament to their exceptional performance throughout the season.
Spotlight on Excellence: The 2023 CFL All-Stars
The roster of All-Stars showcases a dynamic blend of seven national players, 16 first-time honorees, and 11 multi-time selections. Veterans like Willie Jefferson and Richie Leone are celebrated with their fifth All-Star nods, while the Toronto Argonauts lead the pack with an impressive eight player selections, highlighting the team’s exceptional season.
The fan’s voice was heard loud and clear in this year’s selection, with Brady Oliveira of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers not only securing his place on the All-Star team but also earning the adoration of fans as the Fan Favourite Player. BC’s Vernon Adams Jr. and Toronto’s AJ Ouellette followed closely behind, securing second and third place in the fan vote.
A New Era of Fan Participation
This year marked a first for CFL enthusiasts as the All-Star Fan Vote allowed them to cast their votes alongside seasoned journalists from the Football Reporters of Canada and the league’s nine head coaches. This collaboration between fans and professionals, powered by the league’s Official Data and Technology partner, Genius Sports, infused the selection process with a fresh fan perspective.
Honoring the Season’s Standouts
The 2023 CFL All-Star team includes exceptional talent across the board. Here are the players who have made a significant impact this season:
- Offensive Powerhouses: First-time All-Star Chad Kelly (TOR) at quarterback, joined by a group of dynamic receivers like Dalton Schoen (WPG) and Keon Hatcher (BC).
- Defensive Titans: The line is anchored by Mathieu Betts (BC) and five-time All-Star Willie Jefferson (WPG), with Micah Awe (CGY) and Adarius Pickett (TOR) dominating the linebacker spots.
- Special Teams Standouts: Kicker Sean Whyte (BC) earns his first All-Star accolade, while punter Richie Leone (OTT) is recognized for the fifth time.
The announcement precedes the much-anticipated 110th Grey Cup, with the Division Finals scheduled for November 11. The Eastern Final will bring together the Montreal Alouettes and Toronto Argonauts, while the Western Final will see the Winnipeg Blue Bombers host the BC Lions.
Join us in celebrating these extraordinary athletes who continue to raise the bar in Canadian football.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App