For those looking for some thrilling CFL action, it’s time to focus on the game happening on Friday, October 20. We’ve got an exciting matchup between the Calgary Stampeders and the BC Lions. Here’s all you need to know about CFL games today:
CFL Games Today (Friday, October 20):
- Calgary Stampeders at BC Lions
- Kickoff Time: 10:00 p.m. ET
- Channel: TSN (Canadian viewers), CFL+ (U.S. and International viewers)
This game holds immense significance, especially for the BC Lions (12-5). If they hope to secure the Western Final hosting rights on November 11, they must take care of business against the Calgary Stampeders (5-11). A win for the Lions means they still have a shot at first place in the West, provided Winnipeg loses their upcoming game.
On the other side, the Stampeders are in a must-win situation. They sit one game behind the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the final playoff spot. A victory against the Lions, combined with a Riders loss to Toronto, would secure Calgary’s spot in the postseason for an impressive 18th consecutive year.
When these teams face off, it’s a battle between the CFL’s top-ranked passing game, led by Vernon Adams Jr., and the league’s second-best pass defense. Adams Jr. has had an outstanding season with 4,653 passing yards and 31 touchdowns. He’ll be looking to connect with Keon Hatcher and Alexander Hollins, who are among the league’s top receivers. Hatcher needs just 44 yards to become the CFL’s leading receiver.
Defensively, the Lions have a strong secondary that includes Cameron Judge, Branden Dozier, Jonathan Moxey, Brad Muhammad, and Kobe Williams. They have held opposing quarterbacks to an average of 237.3 yards, making it challenging for any passing attack.
Key Players to Watch:
- Stampeders: DL Isaac Adeyemi-Berglund:
- Adeyemi-Berglund is a force on the defensive line with five sacks, a forced fumble, and three special-teams tackles this season. He’ll be looking to apply pressure on Lions QB Vernon Adams Jr.
- Lions: QB Vernon Adams Jr.:
- Adams Jr. is closing in on a milestone, needing just 347 passing yards to reach his first 5,000-yard season.
- Lions: Mathieu Betts:
- Mathieu Betts is on the verge of setting an all-time Canadian sack record, tied with Brent Johnson (2005) and Jamal Westerman (2015) at 17 sacks.
- Calgary’s Rene Paredes:
- Kicker Rene Paredes is just 14 points away from joining the top 10 all-time scoring list.
CFL Betting Lines and Odds:
- Stampeders +9
- Lions -9
- Total Points (Over/Under):
- Over 49.5
- Under 49.5
- Stampeders +350
- Lions -450
This game promises to be a nail-biter with both teams highly motivated to secure a win. The Lions’ potent passing game may pose a challenge for the Stampeders’ secondary, but Calgary will be banking on Ka’Deem Carey to make an impact. It’s a tough call, but considering the high-scoring potential of both teams, betting on the Over might be a smart choice.
CFL Picks & Prediction:
In this high-stakes matchup, every yard and point counts. Expect a close contest as both teams strive to achieve their playoff goals. The Lions’ potent passing game will test the Stampeders’ secondary, while Calgary will rely on Ka’Deem Carey to make an impact.
Our prediction: Calgary Stampeders 27, BC Lions 30.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App