Players Signed/ Re-Signed
- Leipzig Kings – QB – Jordan Barlow
- Stuttgart Surge – OL – Elias Becher
- Stuttgart Surge – OL – Robin Häberle
- Stuttgart Surge – C – Thomas Ghebrezghiher
- Stuttgart Surge – OL – Marco Fischer
- Stuttgart Surge – DL – Darko Pisaric
- Stuttgart Surge – DL – Philipp Ungericht
The Leipzig Kings have signed quarterback Jordan Barlow for the 2022 season.
The 24-year-old quarterback will be taking over for Michael Birdsong, who retired earlier in the offseason.
Jordan Barlow played college football at Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU) in Texas. In 19 starts at SAGU, Barlow threw for 4,436 yards, 592 rushing yards, and 50 total touchdowns. He played his best ball in 2021, after ending the year with 2,787 yards, 26 touchdowns, and only 6 interceptions, also leading his team to a 2021 NCCAA Victory Bowl win.
Barlow commented on signing with Leipzig, stating,
“Never been to Europe before so this is very new but a very exciting opportunity! I actually had a few contact offers in the Indoor Football League as well as the X-League but chose to come to Leipzig over both of those. I feel that the Kings have a great foundation set & are building something very special that I want to be a part of! I spoke with Coach Armstong & Michael Birdsong, upon his retirement, & after speaking with them it felt like Leipzig presents a great opportunity for me as a player, as well as a chance to be a part of a team that is ready to win a lot of games this season!”
ELF’s Potential Starting Quarterbacks
With the Leipzig Kings signing Jordan Barlow, the picture of who’ll be starting at quarterback for each of the European League of Football‘s 12 franchises becomes a bit more clear.
- Berlin Thunder – Joe Germinerio
- Hamburg Sea Devils – Salieu Ceesay
- Leipzig Kings – Jordan Barlow
- Wroclaw Panthers – Justice Hansen
- Frankfurt Galaxy – Jakeb Sullivan
- Stuttgart Surge – Randall Schroeder
- Swarco Raiders Tirol – Sean Shelton
- Vienna Vikings – Jackson Erdmann
- Barcelona Dragons – Zach Edwards
- Cologne Centurions – Jan Weinreich
- Istanbul Rams – Jared Stegman
- Düsseldorf Rhein Fire – Matt Adam
While none of these teams have officially named a starting quarterback, the names on the league’s list are definitely ones to note as the offseason nears its end.
Follow the ELF
ELF Official Reporter – Christopher Hahn
ELF Official Reporter – Tim Hanswillemenke
CFL News Hub Channel Trailer – Your News Source For The Canadian Football League
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App