Week 10 in the CFL had five games on their schedule starting last Wednesday and ending on Monday with a Thanksgiving Day doubleheader.
Through the first nine weeks of the 2021 season. The CFL has averaged 518,000 viewers per game. This season’s high watermark for the league occurred in Week 2, where the league averaged 574,000 viewers per telecast. The low point of the CFL’s TV ratings on TSN was in Week 8, as the league’s games averaged 431,000 viewers.
Let’s look at how the CFL TV ratings fared with a full slate of games with two airing on Thanksgiving.
Week 10 CFL On TSN TV Ratings
- Wednesday’s 10/6 game between the Ottawa Redblacks and Toronto Argnauts averaged 325,000 viewers.
- Friday’s 10/8 contest featuring the the Winnipeg Blue Bombers and Edmonton Elks averaged 581,000 viewers.
- Saturday’s 10/9 Western division battle between the Calgary Stampeders and Saskatchewan Roughriders drew 674,000 viewers. To no one’s surprise, week in and week out, Saskatchewan has produced the CFL’s best viewership figures.
CFL ON TSN Thanksgiving Day TV Ratings 10/11
- Monday’s early game on TSN between the Montreal Alouettes and the Ottawa Redblacks averaged 323,000 viewers.
- Week 10’s thrilling last second finale at 4pm ET featuring the Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats averaged 597,000 viewers.
- By comparison, the Monday night NFL overtime thriller on TSN between the Baltimore Ravens and Indianapolis Colts resgistered 596,000 viewers.
CFL ON TSN Week 10 Average Viewership
- The five CFL games on TSN in Week 10 averaged 500,000 viewers. That’s up from Week 9’s 476k average.
Week 11 CFL TV Schedule
|Fri, Oct 15||9 p.m. ET||Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Edmonton Elks||TSN/ESPN+|
|Sat, Oct 16||4 p.m. ET||Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa REDBLACKS||TSN/ESPN+|
|Sat Oct 16||7 p.m. ET||Calgary Stampeders vs. BC Lions||TSN/ESPN+|
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App