The Canadian Football League (CFL) has seen a surge in exceptional performances during Week 4 of the regular season, as recognized by Pro Football Focus (PFF). Players who shone this week include Robertson Daniel, Chad Kelly, and the offensive line of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
Pro Football Focus (PFF) uses in-depth game footage analysis to generate over 200 unique data points on each player’s performance. To qualify for the weekly CFL Honour Roll, an offensive or defensive player must participate in a minimum of 25 snaps, and a special teams player must play at least 10 snaps. If multiple players share the same grade, the tie is broken based on the number of snaps played.
The top offensive performer for Week 4 was Toronto Argonauts’ quarterback, Chad Kelly. In their 45-24 victory over BC, Kelly achieved a PFF Player Grade of 86.4, completing 23 out of 29 passes for 249 yards with an efficiency rating of 115.4.
In the same game, the Argonauts’ Robertson Daniel displayed a stellar defensive performance, scoring an impressive PFF Player Grade of 88.2. He accounted for four defensive tackles and three interceptions, one of which he returned for a 62-yard touchdown.
Meanwhile, the offensive line of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, who managed to secure a 17-3 win against Montreal, made their presence felt in Week 4. With a combined PFF Player Grade of 71.3, the top performers in the line included Chris Kolankowski (75.8), Liam Dobson (66.5), and Patrick Neufeld (62.9).
Here are the top performers from each of the nine position groups for Week 4:
- QB | Chad Kelly | Toronto Argonauts | 86.4
- RB | De’Montre Tuggle | Ottawa REDBLACKS | 75.6
- REC | Cam Phillips | Toronto Argonauts | 80.5
- OL | Chris Kolankowski | Winnipeg Blue Bombers | 75.8
- DL | Folarin Orimolade | Toronto Argonauts | 78.8
- LB | Douglas Coleman II | Ottawa REDBLACKS | 86.7
- DB | Robertson Daniel | Toronto Argonauts | 88.2
- K/P | Boris Bede | Toronto Argonauts | 76.1
- ST | Kene Onyeka | Ottawa REDBLACKS | 91.1
Moreover, a recap of the highest-performing players so far in the 2023 season is listed below:
- 92.5 | Week 3 | DB | Royce Metchie | Toronto Argonauts
- 90.8 | Week 2 | QB | Zach Collaros | Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- 90.6 | Week 2 | DL | Julian Howsare | Calgary Stampeders
- 90.3 | Week 3 | QB | Cody Fajardo | Montreal Alouettes
- 90.3 | Week 3 | DB | Loucheiz Purifoy | Edmonton Elks
- 88.2 | Week 4 | DB | Robertson Daniel | Toronto Argonauts
- 87.1 | Week 3 | QB | Vernon Adams Jr. | BC Lions
- 86.7 | Week 4 | LB | Douglas Coleman | Ottawa REDBLACKS
- 86.4 | Week 4 | QB | Chad Kelly |Toronto Argonauts
- 85.7 | Week 1 | DB | Ciante Evans | Montreal Alouettes
This week’s honours, bestowed by Pro Football Focus, shine a spotlight on the stellar performances that keep the CFL exciting. As we move into Week 5, all eyes will be on these players to see if they can continue their current form and impact the course of the 2023 season. Stay tuned for more weekly updates on player performances, rankings, and game outcomes in the Canadian Football League.
Big Announcement: CFL Unveils Free Live Streaming Platforms
Get Alerts & Stay ConnectedCFL iPhone App
CFL Android App